Schools resources & workshops
War on Want can provide 1 - 1 1/2 hour workshops on sweatshops to Key Stage 3/4 classes of 10-40 students.
In that time we will:
- Do a fun warm up exercise
- Find out about the history of sweatshops
- Learn and discuss why and how sweatshop exploitation exists
- Understand how citizens of the UK can make a difference
- Find out inspiring stories about people in Bangladesh and other countries who are winning their rights
- Watch and discuss a short campaigning film
In that time, students will engage in:
- Group work
- Interpreting photographs
- Summarising arguments
- Answering questions
We can also do whole drop down days or half days as part of the Upcycling Academy with partners at TRAID, Craftivists Collective & Fabrications. See here for what we did at Woodford School in September 2013. Please email Barley firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on Upcycling Academy collaboration workshops.
We can also come provide a speaker for panel discussions for sixth formers & college campaign groups.
Have a look what year 11s did at Central Foundation Girls School, East London.
Have a look at what year 10s did at George Green school, East London.
Find out more about our FREE KS3/4 Sweatshops activities pack